Our CV Sample
Use this sample CV as inspiration for writing your own. As with all curriculum vitae samples, it contains common fields as well as some fields that you may or may not need to use when writing your own CV. As you’ll soon see, the language used in this CV sample is concise and professional. In addition, you will notice that there are a few usage notes that are meant for the reader. Notes like these appear only in curriculum vitae samples – they’re never found in actual CVs.
When looking at CV examples, you’ll notice that different styles are popular. This example of CV is a very simple one that focuses on content. You can use larger headings, left justify everything, or even add a decorative frame to your CV as you feel appropriate. For more information, take a look at our extensive guide, How to Write a CV, and be sure to check out our useful CV Template.
Finally, this CV sample is a short one. Most examples of CVs are a maximum of two pages long. How long should your CV be? It all depends on your experience and the type of curriculum vitae you are preparing. If your career objective is scientific or academic, it is likely that your professional CV will be a bit longer than average.
A Detailed Resume Example
604 Harmony Way
Berkeley, California, 99541
Experienced registered nurse seeking employment as a maternity nurse in a caring, professional atmosphere.
2012 – Present: Maternity Department, Marie Curie Hospital, Berkeley, California
2010-2012: Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Sentara Hospital, Oakland, California
2008-2010: Maternity Department, Sentara Hospital, Oakland, California
- Provide support for mothers and newborns through maternity nursing care
- Assist obstetricians in providing maternity nursing care to new mothers and their babies
- Monitor infant vital signs including blood pressure and pulse rate
- Answer questions and resolve maternity issues in pregnant women
- Assist new mothers in feeding, bathing, and changing their babies
Educational & Certifications
Bachelor of Nursing Degree, University of California, Berkeley, 2008
California State Registered Nurse, 2008
2011: Nurse of the Year Award, Sentara Hospital, Oakland, California
2007: Winner of the Dean’s Academic Excellence Award
- Skilled phlebotomist. Able to accurately draw blood even from premature infants. Up-to-date computer skills. Proficient with internet protocols and common software including Microsoft products.
Spanish (20 years)
Doctors Without Borders, Annual trips to Central America, 2011-Present
Available upon request