Each Wednesday we post a brand new Phrase on our website.
However, today we decided to list our picks for the top 10 phrases and their meanings:
- Take a Chill Pill – When someone is stressed and you want him/her to calm down and relax, you say “Take a Chill Pill”.
- Comfort Food – Food that gives emotional comfort and provides a nostalgic or sentimental feeling to the person eating it.
- Once in a Blue Moon – Something that happens very rarely. However, in the past, the meaning of the phrase was something that was preposterous and unreasonable.
- Icing on the Cake – Something positive that enhances a situation that’s already good.
- Prima Donna – Someone who behaves in a demanding and arrogant way, often expecting special treatment and usually unable to work well with others.
- Backseat Driver – Someone who gives unwanted and unneeded advice. Usually interfering in affairs without having the authority and knowledge to do so.
- Bring Home the Bacon – To earn a living for the family.
- Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget – Someone who lives above her means and likes expensive things she can’t possibly afford.
- Copycat – Someone who copies the work or mimics the actions of others.
- It ain’t over till the Fat Lady Sings – The final outcome of an event cannot be predicted until it has come to a conclusion.
Well, those are our picks for the top 10, let us know yours.
Liron and the Ginger Team.
*To read more about each phrase, its meaning, an example of use and the origin or first recorded use, please go to Ginger’s POD Page Here.Leave a comment