We are excited to announce that Ginger keyboard for Android, received the rare and wonderful accolade of Editors’ Choice by Google Play. The Google Play Editor’s Choice award is given to apps chosen for their quality, user interface, long-term popularity and innovation. Ginger is one of the few, hand-selected, keyboard apps to have received this award.
Here at Ginger, we focus on innovation in mobile productivity by maximizing the entire keyboard experience to go beyond standard writing and typing features. Our app allows our users to open and perform actions within other apps without having to leave their keyboard. It also enables them to make the most of their idle time during messaging interactions, by reading the latest headlines, playing games or sending stickers and animated GIFs.
Upon our win, we decided to share with you some users insights based on our unique keyboard features. We analyzed our users, located in more than 170 countries, according to their usage of the various keyboard features such as games, animated GIFs, themes, emojis and more. From the data, we gathered some interesting insights we’d like to share:
- United States is the #1 country to send animated GIFs, sending at least one every day;
- The most popular animated GIFs sent in India, Italy and Morocco are ‘OK’, ‘YES’ and ‘KISS’, respectively;
- More than 50% of the Korean users enjoy playing games, with their most popular being Copter;
- Users from Mexico prefer playing Snake, and the British users enjoy their Squash (Pong like game);
- The Indonesian users change their keyboard theme at least once a week, making them the #1 theme changers;
- While the most popular theme in New Zealand is Spicy Spark, in Russia, somewhat surprisingly, the most popular one is New York;
- Brazil is the #1 country for sending stickers, and Costa Rica is the #1 country for sending emoji art;
- And last, but not least, the Philippines users send on average more than 85 emoji each day, making them the top emoji users.
To download the latest version of Ginger keyboard for Android, please go here.
We hoped you enjoyed these insights, and if you have anything to say about our conclusions, please be free to share with us.
Leave a comment
Ginger and the Marketing Team